Monday, January 17, 2011

Change something.


Hi you guys, :)


Sometimes (most of the time) when you stop doing something consistently it can be difficult to get back into the flow of it.  Exercise.  Work.  Blogging.  Writing.  I've been in my head with so many dreams and plans for the past five weeks I've neglected my blog and I never, ever want to do that so... here I am.  It's amazing how at night more than anytime, ideas and thoughts play themselves out in my head to illustrate, to heal, to make whole, and to long to come out in another form.... into words with shapes, layers, colors and sound.


  I have a major move from the west coast to the east coast coming up within the next four weeks and am gearing for that physically and emotionally. There are many reasons as to why I'm going back. I know that when I eventually settle down and have my own family, I want my children to grow up knowing my parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles the way I did.  I want to be a six hour flight away from Europe again.  I want to witness the dramatic change in seasons, and to go to my Grandmother's for dinner.  I want to sit with friends I've known since my middle school days to share nostalgia and reminisce of days when the years seemed endless, laid out before us.... to have the most special people in my life tangible enough to touch.  I miss the charming New England towns, harbors, cottages, sand dunes, lighthouses, and little romantic inns. I miss the culture and the history. 



I want to be take a short train ride to NY.  I want Newport in the summer and Boston in the fall.  I never want to miss another wedding or holiday.  I miss the humor, the sarcasm, and honesty in people.  I want to once again see the sun rise over the ocean, and most of all I just want to get back to my roots. I've been gone for eight years (two in Florida) and while California has been an eye opening place, magical setting, patient friend and wise teacher.... there is no place like home.


Speaking of dreams, here is the three part gorgeously inspiring song I stumbled across nearly five years ago and it simply never grows old.  Close your eyes and listen... it takes you away. :)  Have a great night :)

2 comments:

  1. I always end up coming up with ideas right before I go to sleep. It's good for filling up my notebook, bad for getting any sleep.

    ReplyDelete