Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The reality of everything.


"I see you everywhere,
in the stars, in the river,
to me you're everything that exists;
the reality of everything."
-Virginia Woolf



Hi lovies!

 Sorry I've been so MIA lately.  There's so much going on right now that I'm not feeling much control over but am trying to accept it and do the very best I can. <3  I miss this blog and have been playing with many ideas surrounding it so hopefully by autumn I'll be writing regularly again.  I hope that you've been finding happiness and inspiration in your own lives, and also that you'll enjoy this new favorite tune I've recently fallen in love with. Grace Potter and Kenny Chesney are simply so real and have such sweet chemistry, it's refreshing. I can't help but want to live in this gorgeously filmed video that also gracefully captures southern California; a place which more often than not, has lately been appearing in my dreams and beckoning me west as if knowing my nature inspired and highly spirited self needs that glorious pacific fueled fill again.


 It's funny how the soul of a place 
can haunt you as though it was a person, and
 I suppose we all have our vices that sometimes make us crazy;
they always tend to tug at the weakest part of oneself,
that part of us that quietly craves them.



"Baby here I am again
Kicking dust in the canyon wind
Waiting for that sun to go down
Made it up Mulholland Drive
Hell bent on getting high
High above the lights of town

'Cause you and Tequila make me crazy
Run like poison in my blood
One more night could kill me, baby
One is one too many, 
One more is never enough

Thirty days and thirty nights
Been putting up a real good fight
And there were times I thought you'd win
It's so easy to forget
The bitter taste the morning left
I swore I wouldn't go back there again

'Cause you and Tequila make me crazy
Run like poison in my blood
One more night could kill me baby.
One is one too many
One more is never enough.

When it comes to you
All the damage I could do
It's always your favorite sins
That do you in."


Photo source: here

No comments:

Post a Comment