Friday, September 9, 2011

Ambedo.


Ambedo-

(n) a kind of melacholic trance in which you become completely absorbed in vivid sensory details- raindrops skittering down a window, tall trees leaning in the wind, clouds of cream swirling in your coffee- which leads to a dawning awareness of the haunting fragility of life, a mood whose only known cure is the vuvuzela.



 That is my state this evening listening to the humming crickets and sipping in the fresh, scented September air, reflecting on a day that leaves me making a deadly effort to not feel defeated and embracing a serene silence that I want to keep saying "yes" to.  
This song helps to ease into night.  


And do remember (as will I) before you slip into sleep later on:
Life responds when we risk.


"Taking control of the elements,
Making them mine, making them mine
Touching up all of the elements
Takin' my time, takin' my time
Takin' a hold of the present day
Pushin' it all, pushin' it all, pushing it
Takn' control of my destiny
Makin' it fine, makin' it fine, makin' it."

1 comment: