Saturday, June 12, 2010

Reunite.



"I like to see people reunited.  I like to see people run to each other.  I like the kissing and the crying, the impatience, the stories that the mouth can't tell fast enough, the ears that aren't big enough, and the eyes that can't take in all of the change. I like the hugging, the bringing together and the end of missing someone."
-Jonathan Safran Foer


Am I really going to go there again with The National?  Ummmm... YES.  "Slow show" is one of my favorites by them. This song seemed to grow on me over time until before I knew it, it was on repeat every time I'd hop into the car and turn the key.  Something about it twists and pulls my heart strings though- a definite ache. A somewhat pleasant ache though- a bit like missing something... or someone.   At about 3:05 you might feel it as well. :) So, so beautiful.




"You know I dreamed about you
for twenty-nine years before I saw you
You know I dreamed about you
and missed you for twenty-nine years."

Photo source:

1 comment: