Monday, June 25, 2012

Bloom.



"The brain appears to possess a special area which we might call poetic memory, and which records everything that charms or touches us, that makes our lives beautiful."
-Milan Kundera



I'm not certain as to whether or not my fascination with country settings is rooted in my long history of horseback riding or if there is simply something so beautifully peaceful about the idea of a hill country setting that I cannot help but long for it.  It's probably a little of both or maybe neither; maybe it comes from another place deep within me that I'm still mysteriously unaware of.  Either way, I cannot get enough of farm and field visuals particularly when pretty music is involved.



Needless to say, when I first saw this perfect video
 I wanted to live inside of it.
The Paper Kites.


"In the morning when I wake
And the sun is coming through
Oh, you fill my lungs with sweetness
And you fill my head with you.

Shall I write it in a letter?
Shall I try to get it down?
Oh you fill my head with pieces
Of a song I can't get out

Can I be close to you?
Can I be close to you?

Can I take it to a morning
Where the fields are painted gold
And the trees are filled with memories
Of the feelings never told?

When the evening pulls the sun down,
And the day is almost through
Oh, the whole world is sleeping,
But my world is you

Can I be close to you?"

Photo source: here and here

No comments:

Post a Comment