Saturday, June 30, 2012

Powerful progress.


 It's a Saturday evening on the last day of June.



 Lately, I've been working hard at existing peacefully in the space between where I am and where I want to be.  I bought a juicer to whip up vibrant and alive food creations to fill my body with nutrients because I believe there is healing in eating intelligently.  I frequently release every toxin and insecurity from my being in the Bikram yoga room; eyes stinging from sweat, muscles straining deep in the stretches, while the teacher's voice fills my ears with the continuous dialogue that "this will change everything." 

I spend time breathing in the humid air that defines the summer here, noticing memories that sometimes reemerge from my years as a teen in Rhode Island.  Some are hauntingly painful, some so sweet I'm swept away into that teenage wonder once again when I am seventeen, there was so much time to live every dream imaginable, and so many places and people to fall in love with.

I'm with my dogs as much as possible, often glimpsing a reflection of myself in their soulful eyes, which catches me off guard enough to notice and improve on certain things. I'm grateful for their honesty.

 I throw myself into my real, idealistic work, giving every last fiber of my mind until my energy wanes, reaching further than that dip any type of caffeine could save, until another day is gone. I push, and I push, and I push to create a world that I can inhabit and truly, truly accept and love as my own. 

"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world.
Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves.
All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."
George Bernard Shaw

  These days fly. They fly into where I hope my aim is pointing.  And when the day pulls you in so many chaotic and confusing directions, face your heart, reach for it, put it back into your chest, and tell yourself that this is what's important.  All we can do my friends, is continue to do the right things, to throw yourself into what drives you, to dare greatly, and to bring forth the intention of where you want to be... physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually, and something powerful can happen.


Speaking of powerful...
this is one of my all time favorite trance tunes.
It's progress, hope, and this moment
wrapped into a masterpiece of sound.


Photo source: here


No comments:

Post a Comment