Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The real milestones.



Monday night.  I hope you all had a good day. :)


So I felt inspired all day today. Everything around me was a trigger, deepening the desire to write within me, the pull to get home to find music, find quotes, write down a thought, a dream, a longing, a fear.  But.... now that I'm actually home in bed the only thing I really want is to get a full eight hours of sleep in. :)


"Sooner or later we all discover that the important moments in life are not the advertised ones, not the birthdays, the graduations, the weddings, not the great goals achieved.  The real milestones are less prepossessing.  They come to the door of memory unannounced, like stray dogs that amble in, sniff around a bit, and simply never leave.  Our lives are measured by these."
-Susan B. Anthony


 But things are running pretty smoothly right now, and I'm holding on to that sense of accomplishment that everything is under control that can be, and that the real milestones in fact, are the quiet ones.  It's the subtle things that may be seemingly small in that moment that echo loudest later on. So we just go on with the flow of things.  Flowing, learning, changing, evolving, flowing, learning, changing, evolving.... and you know what?


Anyway, I have fallen in love with this cover.... :)  Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment