Friday, May 21, 2010

On books.


I love books.  I can't help it... I'm am absolute sponge when it comes to them, as I am endlessly curious.  I truly envy those that own elegant libraries (yes I've seen them in homes) equipped with ladders on wheels, "Beauty & The Beast" style. I can't imagine what it must be like accessing an enchanting library in your own home....


 I think that my extreme love of words and language has made me more of a reader than anything else, and books have a way of enveloping, comforting, and moving me far more than any movie or tv show ever could.  I don't think I'd ever enjoy reading from a computer or Ipad  quite as much as an old, worn book.  There's something so satisfying about turning actual pages, and carrying it easily everywhere you go...


"The only books that influence us are those for which we are ready, and which have gone a little farther down our particular path than we have yet got ourselves."
-EM Foreste


"The way a book is read - which is to say, the qualities a reader brings to a book - can have as much to do with its worth as anything the author puts in it. Anyone who can read, can learn to read deeply and thus live more fully."
-N. Cousins


"Facts and figures are forgotten.  
Stories are retold."
-Unknown


Words are amazing....


Words are life...

"A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end.  
You live several lives while reading it."
-W. Styron


"All the best stories in the world are but one story in reality -- 
the story of escape.
It is the only thing which interests us all and at all times,
 how to escape."
-A. Benson


I think now that's it's summertime, 
it's time to get back into reading. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment