Saturday, May 15, 2010

Visions of summer.



With the month of May spinning on (are we really two weeks into it?!), and the whirlwind of summer events quickly approaching, I thought I'd get us in the mood for our summer season. Cheers to May and standing on the brink of sweet things to come, as well as days filled with the moods of earth, sunshine, warmth, gardens, sand and leisure.


"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, 
and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 
“If this isn’t nice, I don’t know what is."
-K. Vonnegut



"Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass on a summer day 
listening to the murmur of water, 
or watching the clouds float across the sky, 
is hardly a waste of time."
  ~J. Lubbock


"The cure for anything is salt water,
 sweat, tears, or the sea."
-I. Dinesen


"If a June night could talk, 
it would probably boast it invented romance." 
 ~Bern Williams



"I live on an island and listen to jazz all day long. The sun is always shining, but you can still see the stars. The breeze sings astonishingly like Ella and the wind rumbles in a Louis way. My friends and I dance under magic skies."
- Unknown


"I could run nearly naked on a hot, windy beach and plunge without care into a running diamond sea; roll on the sand and fling my arms wide to the sun and still be what I was, young."
-Anne Rivers Siddons


1 comment: