Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Nothing else will do.



Why does this band just feel so good?  They have a way of transporting me straight through the clouds into some sort of land of ethereal indie pop loveliness, romanticism, and idealism that exists during the moments when I'm drifting somewhere between asleep and awake.


 These two keep producing these ridiculously adorable songs that are quite creative; with their undying ability to be blend syrupy sweet melodies with (at times) hauntingly dark lyrics.  If you listen enough, they begin to hit you there. Right where it you feel it.  Where it's real.  Where it's human.  Their textured, layered harmonies and perfect vocals gently pull you in with their delicacy and child like wonder, and I love how their sound is so unique- like nothing I've heard before.  I often listen to them before bed, and I put them in this blog a few times earlier this spring if you want to click on The Weepies label below and check out some of their other songs. :)


"Gray, quiet and tired and mean
Picking at a worried seam
I try to make you mad at me over the phone.
Red eyes and fire and signs
I'm taken by a nursery rhyme
I want to make a ray of sunshine and never leave home

No amount of coffee, no amount of crying
No amount of whiskey, no amount of wine
No, no, no, no, no, nothing else will do
I've gotta have you, I've gotta have you.

The road gets cold, there's no spring in the middle this year
I'm the new chicken clucking open hearts and ears
Oh, such a prima donna, sorry for myself
But green, it is also summer 
And I won't be warm till I'm lying in your arms
I see it all through a telescope: guitar, suitcase, and a warm coat
Lying in the back of the blue boat, humming a tune..."


I hope you are having a peaceful night, letting go of the day, and ready to have a deeply restful, restorative sleep.  :)
Oh and ps.... always remember......


Sweet dreams. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment