Friday, August 6, 2010

To remind you where to stop.


"A few times in my life I’ve had moments of absolute clarity, when for a few brief seconds the silence drowns out the noise and I can feel rather than think, and things seem so sharp and the world seems so fresh. I can never make these moments last. I cling to them, but like everything, they fade. I have lived my life on these moments. They pull me back to the present, and I realize that everything is exactly the way it was meant to be." 
-Unknown


I like the Norwegian duo, Kings of Convenience. They're really mellow, you guys.  So don't listen unless you would prefer to quiet your mind, think about life, and unravel from a hectic day. Two soft voices.  Two gentle, acoustic guitars. And a guest appearance by the ever lovely Feist who comes in at 2:04 and sweeps us all off of our feet (as usual) with her stunning vocals. "The spinning top made a sound like a train across the valley..."  SIGH.  Great song.  Happy Friday, everyone. :)




"The spinning top made a sound
like a train across the valley,
fading, oh so quiet but constant til it passed,
over the ridge
into the distances
written on your ticket to remind you where to stop,
and when to get off."

Photo source: here

No comments:

Post a Comment