Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Some sort of paradise.



"Do you they collide?"  I ask, 
 Keys out of the ignition, seats slanted back.
You smile, as though you know the secret to some ancient question
"Of course they do.  If you just squint your eyes."
So you squint right then.  And so do I.
We gazed upward at the stars above,
  burning and dancing through the night.
"Do you see it now? They collide."
I never thought of myself as quiet, much less silent, 
but I was then because all I could think was that
 I wanted to reach up and pull down that violet sky,
like a sparkling, safe light 
to wrap around you and I,
where we could forever live.......
 in some sort of paradise.




"You've applied the pressure
to keep me crystalised
And you've got the faith
that I could bring paradise."

No comments:

Post a Comment