Sunday, September 12, 2010

So meet me by the bridge.


"Some people meet the way the sky meets the earth,
inevitably, and there is no stopping or holding back
their love.  It exists in a finished world,
beyond the realm of common sense."
-Louise Erdrich

 I'm sleepy, and don't have much to say tonight, but I will ask you to listen to this- a song you've probably heard hundreds and hundreds of times.  But listen again.  Particularly 3:18 on.  It's just so, so raw.  Definitely pulls at your heart strings and evokes nostalgia as Coldplay will consistently do year after year.  So lovely.



"You said I'm gonna buy this place
And burn it down
I'm gonna put it six feet underground,
You said I'm gonna buy this place,
And watch it fall,
Stand here beside my baby and the crumbling walls,
Oh I'm gonna buy this place and start a fire,
Stand here until I fill all your heart's desires,
Because I'm gonna buy this place and see it burn,
And do back the things it did to you in return.

Said I'm gonna buy a gun and start a war,
If you can tell me something worth fighting for,
Oh I'm gonna buy this place is what I said,
Blame it upon a rush of blood to the head.

Honey all the movements we started to make,
See me crumble and fall on my face,
And I know the mistakes that I've made,
See it all disappear without trace,
And they call as they beckon you on
They say start as you mean to go on

Start as you mean to go on

Said I'm gonna buy this place and see it go
Stand here beside me baby watch the orange glow
Some'll laugh, some just sit and cry
You just sit down then you wonder why

So I'm gonna buy a gun and start a war
If you can tell me something worth fighting for
And I'm gonna buy this place is what I said
Blame it upon a rush of blood to the head
Oh To the head, oh

Honey, all the movements we started to make
See me crumble and fall on my face
And I know the mistakes that I made
See it all disappear without trace
And they call as they beckon you on
They say start as you mean to go on

As you mean to go on, as you mean to go on

So meet me by the bridge
Oh meet me by the lake
When am I gonna see that pretty face again?
Meet me on the road
Meet me where I said
Blame it all upon a rush of blood to the head" 


No comments:

Post a Comment