Saturday, October 23, 2010

In the darkness with you.


I love Halloween.  Really, truly from my heart love it.  I was born on Halloween, 1982 (the Halloween Michael Jackson's Thriller came out), so it's a holiday that has always been mine, somehow.



Halloween, to me is harvest, magic, cider, darkness, heels, the moon, wolves, legends, candlelight, bare forests, candy, vampires, castles, red wine, black lace, midnight and pure fantasy.  It's growing a year older.  It's reflection, childhood memories, warmth, and more than anything... it's home.



I've posted a different version of this song before but I'm posting it again because I think it's brilliantly wistful and dreamlike. There is something about this band that takes you on a sort of swirling journey that is incredibly unique to her chilling voice and raw emotion, yet they still somehow seem within reach.


"I took the stars from my eyes and then I made a map
And knew that somehow I could find my way back
Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too
So I stayed in the darkness with you"

Photo source: here

No comments:

Post a Comment