Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Pockets of comfort.



Hi lovies, I'm baaaack. ;)



  "Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, 
for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire:
 it is the time for home."
-Edith Sitwell


I had to wrap up two classes and take a brief trip to Rhode Island (all fantastic) and am just now swinging back into a routine in SF again, which means I'll be blogging a little more.  And WOW it felt so good to be home in New England.... I can't even explain the warmth it gives me to go back to my roots.  To feel winter for what it is, and in having said that, I think every time I go "home",  I feel myself for what I am as well... if that makes any sense .... as if anything ever really makes true sense at all.  I take that comfort  of home and carry it back to the west to keep me strong and grounded in a way I can't quite put my finger on.



This was one of my main songs on the plane as I've always thought it was so nice, and leaning against that chilly airplane window with this filling my ears was so comforting.  Between this and my shockingly (rock me to sleep instantly type of shockingly) comfy and new neck pillow (YES they are indeed worth carrying around!), I honestly enjoyed every second of the fifteen hours of flying in the course of four days. I was thinking that the world seems to stop turning when I'm on a plane; the land zooms by underneath jet wings, yet somehow time seems to suspend itself as you have no choice but to sit and relinquish control to another for a short while, which is absolutely fine with me. :)



Anyway, this lovely, little gem is by  Kings of Convenience. ... a  Norweigan Indie/pop/folk group that is quiet bliss, with two soft voices blended to perfection, soothing you in ways you didn't even realize you needed to be soothed.   I've put them in this blog a several times now click on their label below this entry to find the others if you like this one.  Enjoy the sweet simplicity, make sure you listen to 1:48 on because it is so beautiful, and have a wonderful sleep. :)




"Through the alleyways 
To cool off in the shadows 
Then into the street 
Following the water 
There's a bearded man 
Paddling in his canoe 
Looks as if he has 
Come all the way from the Cayman Islands 

These canals, it seems 
They all go in circles 
Places look the same, 
And we're the only difference 
The wind is in your hair 
It's covering my view 
I'm holding on to you 
On a bike we've hired until tomorrow 

If only they could see
If only they had been here 
They would understand 
How someone could have chosen 
To go the length I've gone
To spend just one day riding 
Holding on to you
I never thought it would be this clear."

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had a nice trip. Going home is always nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris!! I agree, it really is. :)

    ReplyDelete