Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wanderlust


"It was one of those days when it’s a minute away from snowing and there’s this electricity in the air, you can almost hear it.   And that’s the day I knew there was this entire life behind things, and this incredibly benevolent force, that wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid, ever.  Video’s a poor excuse, I know. But it helps me remember and I need to remember. Sometimes there’s so much beauty in the world I feel like I can’t take it, like my heart’s going to cave in."
American Beauty (1999)



Wanderlust.  Wanderlust is one of my favorite words.  I was born with it.  It runs through my veins in waves, powerful, yet almost haunting at times when I don't act on it.  I'm a lover of all things mysterious, exciting and beautiful, which obviously fuels it.   Maybe I should act on that urge to explore a little more often; even a trip down the coast or east to the mountains would calm it a little- cool that fire for a bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment