Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Words can never make up for what you do.

So I'm a music lover.  I can easily devote hours to Itunes, music blogs and YouTube searching for music, making playlists, and generally just devouring new songs and artists that I somehow feel connected to.



Vincent Moon, an independent film maker from Paris, started La Blogotheque, using a form of filmmaking called guerrilla filmmaking with many indie artists, and the day I stumbled across him on YouTube, I was thrilled.  The sessions are usually two or three tracks filmed improvised in an unusual environment (such as a random city street or park), and as such they often had a rough and ready, demo-like feel, somewhere between a live performance and a finished music video. They come out raw and mostly acoustic, just the way I love them. :) The wonderful thing about La Blogotheque is that it shows you the true talent of the artist, generating a deeper appreciation among both fans, and those who may be new to the music.



In this particular video, two favorites of mine, Bon Iver and Lykke Li team up in a Los Angeles park. I also have a thing for park benches, which makes it
that much better. :) The song is adorable, the artists are adorable, and it's generally just fun... and brilliant. :)


Enjoy.



"Having troubles telling how I feel
But I can dance, dance, dance
Couldn't possibly tell you how I mean
But I can dance, dance, dance
So when I trip on my feet
Look at the beat
The words are, written in the sand
When I'm shaking my hips
Look for the swing
The words are written in the air

Oh dance,
I was your dancer all along
Dance, dance, dance
Words can never make up for what you do

Easy conversations, there's no such thing
No I'm shy, shy, shy
My hips they lie 'cause in reality I'm shy, shy, shy
But when I trip on my feet
Look at the ground
The words are written in the dust..."


And it's been said many times and many different ways but....



No comments:

Post a Comment